Wow. It really has been a few months since I’ve written and uploaded a post. Guess, I’ve been M.I.A. from writing. I think of it more as temporary writer’s block or lack of creativity and possible soul fulfillment. A writer’s funk, if you will. But, now, I am back and ready to write and looking to release some thoughts into the wild and try to make some sense of this adulthood phase. I find myself wanting to master this phase more and more as I get older (ahem..30 plus). I almost feel glad there isn’t a manual on adulthood because then I wouldn’t come to understand the experiences that have helped to produce so many life lessons although, there is one element, I still struggle to create and that is purpose.
You see, I love to write and naturally, I think writing is the end all, be all as far as my choice for purpose goes. However, if that were the case, then I’d be an author of several world renowned novels by now. But, unfortunately, I have moments where writer’s block kicks in for days or months at a time and all source for creativity is lost. I really need to learn some techniques to overcome these obstacles - I know it exists somewhere just have to do the research. So then, I come back to the question of what is my purpose only to end up with zero results. #the struggle
Luckily, after watching a discussion on Oprah’s Life Class, led by T.D. Jakes, I gained some valuable insight on Purpose as it applies to my overall pursuit of it. The first question presented during the discussion was ‘Are you living on Purpose?’ Sadly, I don’t think many of us are and that is totally fine just so long as we discover the passion which will ultimate lead to the driven purpose.
If you have some downtime today or maybe during the weekend, please check out the video. I promise there is no hidden agenda just a way for you to think differently about your purpose.
Below are some valuable lessons I took from T.D. Jakes’s conversation about Purpose broken into four sections. Read, absorb and take it for what it’s worth to your current circumstance. Lastly, share the knowledge and past it on. Everyone could use a little pick me up along the way. Enjoy sunshine!
I. Are you living on Purpose?
- Purpose equates to intent, life’s passion, determination.
- If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion as it will lead you to your purpose.
- When you’re able to tap into your life’s purpose – the dam of confusion breaks and your life flows
- Passion and purpose are partners – do things that are authentically true to your inner D.N.A.; hence, accept areas you are authentically passionate about
II. How do you know when you’re fulfilling your life’s purpose? How do you know the thing you’re called to do?
- Open up the heart space for everything you can do becomes reality
- Regardless of the circumstances of your birth, there is a master plan
- Understand you don’t spend your life trying to be what you’re not
- Self respect stops you from seeking validation from others
- Open up to a new adventure – don’t allow your situation to become your world, it’s just your transportation.
III. You do have a purpose!
- You have feelings and when used properly, they are very effective in motivating you to your destiny
- Passion empowers you to do that thing you were created to do
- You need passion to withstand obstacles that go along with your purpose.
- You have to be exposed – get involved – get connected.
- At any age you, can still ignite your purpose through finding your passion
IV. Distractions of purpose?
- It is the passion that gives the power you need, but it is the pain from which you have the conviction about it.
- It is a digression that causes a progression – the greater the digression the stronger the progression
- What you think is working against you is actually working for you! If you can realize that then, you make sense out of the pain and justify the pain and realize it was good you went through it you find your way because of the pain and you celebrate your life
- Money w/out purpose doesn’t make you wise; you don’t want to seek provision, you want to seek purpose.
- When you know who you are; know your space; then, you don’t need any validation. You are right on point because you know exactly who you are because you’re living my life right on purpose.
V. Now what?!
- Take direction from yourself, from own consciousness and spirituality – not from anyone else for their vision may be limited; don’t ask permission from what you’re directed to do – do it and they’ll understand!
- Irrigate your life with new people who are not intimidated by your talents and wisdom. You need people who make deposits and not just withdrawals into your destiny
- You cannot let go of what’s behind you until you lay a hold of what’s in front of you
- You have to have hope!
- You will never reap a dividend if you don’t make an investment
- Do not let your feelings control you – make your feelings obey you rather than you obeying your feelings
- Greatness is contagious – you’ll catch it if you get around it
- Go for your faith – own the fact that you are able of being your own best friend
- It is time to seize moment and wake up to the highest and fullest, expression of you as a human being.
- There is a reason you are here!